Thursday 7 July 2016

Fujifilm X-T2

Today Fujifilm released their long rumoured and anticipated X-T2 moving from 16 megapixels to 24, and with dual SD slots. Having read the reviews the verdict is this is a great camera, perhaps the APSC camera of the year, it may well be more popular than the X-Pro 2 released early this year. This camera is a DSLR killer and the top APSC camera mirrorless camera on the market. There are also some who say moves this camera into the image quality of most full frame cameras. Certainly, if you are upgrading to more professional gear why would you buy a DSLR, you're either going to buy a Fujifilm APSC camera or a Sony Alpha series camera, depending on your budget.
After shooting extensively with the Fujifilm X-T1, Fujifilm X-Pro2 and a Nikon D800e Fujifilm's move from 16-megapixels on the traditional sensor to a 24-megapixel copper substrate sensor made a big difference. The resolution between the Nikon D800e at 36-megapixels and the X-Pro 2 at 24-megapixels on paper seems to differ significantly but when you factor in the Fujifilm lenses which in a lot of cases are sharper to the edge than the professional ED glass made by Nikon, the difference narrows considerably.
So when I look at the full frame Nikon equipment, which is twice as bulky as the Fujifilm gear I am now using the later all of the time. So for me, the new 24-megapixel world of the X-Pro2 and the X-T2 have caused me to finally decide to sell my D800e.

Fujifilm Release

Fujifilm X-T2 release document July 7, 2016. 

Reviews

Kevin Mullins "F16Click" site

No comments:

Post a Comment